Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Making a Scene...

I love pairing paper and fabric, so when I found some scooter motif fabric at one of our local quilting shops, I couldn't wait to play.

The scooters remind me of Europe, so I decided to pair it with the HA Paris (Cl325) clear stamp set for this month's  HA challenge, “Making a scene.”


The balloons and greeting are from a HA’s Birthday Message (CL139) clear set and the swatch of fabric in the foreground is from a fat quarter I found in a Denali fabric shop this past July.

We traveled a lot this summer, so I haven’t been able to craft much. 

Three weeks in Alaska and one in Santa Fe, so I can’t complain too much!

Before heading on the road, and to keep the crafting blues away, I had fun creating a travel journal, which I added to during our trips.  What fun! 

Summer, for me, ends next week as another semester begins anew and the beginning, of the beginning, of pulling my master’s thesis together.  

Hopefully I'll still be able to manage to get some much needed crafting in.
 
Thanks for stopping by…

No comments:

Post a Comment